http://ezeta.com/index.php?option=com_search The long-awaited strawberry season is here!
Enjoy this light and creamy berry dessert. I love to eat this ice cream for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
The natural sweetness of banana is a perfect match with berries. Play around the recipe, try adding more berries to get a sorbet-like texture. Or sprinkle over ice cream bowl with your favorite granola or nuts for more nutritional value.
- 4 Ripe bananas cut into chunks
- 1 Cup strawberry
- 1/2 Cup raspberry (I use frozen)
- 1 Tbsp rice syrup, optionally
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla paste (or vanilla extract)
- Place the banana chunks in the plastic container and cover well. Freeze for at least few hours, or overnight.
- Throw the berries, vanilla, and syrup into a high-speed blender and whizz until smooth. Add frozen bananas and blend until smooth, but do it quickly or ice cream will be too runny.
- Scoop ice cream into serving bowls then top with granola or nuts. You can also freeze it for about one hour or until solid. Enjoy!