Sweet and earthy beets team up with crunchy toasted walnuts and creamy goat cheese to make a perfect salad for a lunch or side dish.
After several months of roasted veggies, stews and soup I’m more than ready to say goodbye to winter food. And to say hello to spring salads!
Salads are one of my favorite things to make and eat so I’m really excited to share my new recipe with you today. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
order provigil from canada Chèvre cheese. A tangy and creamy goat’s milk cheese, Chèvre is naturally lower in fat and has a rich, earthy flavor that recalls the grasslands of France’s rural region. You can also find an absolutely delicious alternative exploring local NZ market.
http://oceanadesigns.net/test/wp-admin/ Radicchio leaves. Radicchio is a bitter leaf but is extra special when balanced with contrasting flavours. The bitter radicchio and the sweet-sour tangelo vinaigrette is a great combo.
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce, washed and drained
- a few leaves of Radicchio, washed and drained
- 3 medium size beetroots, cooked and sliced
- 1 cup of toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 100g Chèvre cheese (French goat cheese)
- pea shoots to garnish
see For tangelo vinaigrette:
- 1 Tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tsp maple syrup
- 1 Tsp apple cider vinegar
- juice of half tangelo (or orange)
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- black pepper
- sea salt
- For the dressing. Mix all ingredients in the bowl using the whisk.
- Spread leafy greens on a serving dish. Top with beet and cheese slices. Drizzle with citrus dressing. Sprinkle with walnuts and pomegranate seeds. Garnish with a pea shoots.