A simple, quick and delicious basic pasta made with mixed mushrooms, green peas, and cashew creamy sauce. Homemade cashew cream is a healthy alternative to heavy cream. Black bean pasta is a new generation of pasta. It`s a wonderful source of dietary fibre, plant-based protein and it’s gluten-free. In addition, this black bean spaghetti is very nutritious, only 50 grams of dried pasta is enough for preparing one serving.
Mushroom pasta gets an Asian-inspired twist in this recipe. I added mixed Asian fragrant mushrooms – shiitake, enoki, oyster mushrooms and finely sliced wood ear mushrooms, all of them have amazing texture and flavor.
Actually, all types of mushroom could be used here – porcini, chanterelle, Portobello mushrooms, button mushrooms or field mushrooms. Healthy, versatile mushrooms are an excellent addition to your plate. Mushrooms impart a fifth taste sense called umami, which is savory. Hearty meat-like mushrooms are an economical and nutritious way to enhance any meal.
- 100 g Black bean spaghetti
- 100 g Mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup Green peas (thawed if frozen)
- 1/2 Cup chopped red onion
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
where can i buy orlistat without a perscription? For Cashew Cream Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup of raw cashew nuts, soaked for minimum 2 hours
- 1/3 Cup of water
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
- For cashew cream. Drain the soaked cashews and rinse thoroughly. Blend all the ingredients in a high-speed blender until it`s really smooth. Add a few tablespoons of water if mix too dry.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Pasta must be cooked al-dente. Save 1/2 cup of pasta water and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, add onions and garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Turn heat up to high. Add mushrooms and cook until all liquid been evaporated, and the mushrooms start to turn golden (around 5 minutes). Turn heat down to medium high. Add green peas. Cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta, cashew cream, and some reserved pasta water. Remove from stove. Toss gently.
Serve immediately, garnished with nutritional yeast.