A summer veggie pizza topped with caramelized roasted capsicum, eggplant, and sweet red onion is a light, low carb dish.
Learn how to make gluten-free cauliflower pizza crust that’s a great healthy alternative to regular pizza crust. The grain-free crust has a great texture and you’d never know it’s mostly cauliflower. When eating Cauliflower Pizza Crust there is no need to feel guilty about eating pizza.
Serve this delicious pizza with melting in the mouth soft cheese, crunchy garlicky seeds, and peppery watercress.
Cauliflower is a good source of fiber and vitamins. Its ingredients may help strengthen bones, boost the cardiovascular system, and prevent cancer.
Squeeze out as much liquid as you can out of the cooked cauliflower and you could get an amazing texture of the crust and rich taste.
Cauliflower crust before oven and after. Just look at these nice and crispy edges, thanks to the pizza stone.
Quick and easy homemade marinara sauce perfect for pasta, pizza and more.
Top off any meal with garlic roasted seed salad toppers from Something to Crow About. The perfect healthy addition to any salad, over roast veggies or avocado. The flavor is garlicky but very different than fresh-chopped garlic. It tastes sweeter, more delicate and much less strong than fresh garlic.
Every bag of garlic toppers is packed with full of vitamins, nutrients, and fiber natural seeds.
Sesame seed is an only seed that is completely filled with calcium and iron. This is very well-known and widely used for medication and health purpose. Sesame seed is complete health package food. It contains protein, good fat, dietary fiber, calcium, and iron. If you use it daily it will complete most of your calcium and iron need.
Sunflower and pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of vitamin E. Vitamin E is an antioxidant, it plays an important role in your immune system and metabolic processes.
Ingredientsfor Cauliflower Crust
- 1 medium size cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 free-range egg
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp almond meal
- 1 tsp dried sweet basil
For Marinara Sauce:
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and sliced
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried sweet basil
- olive oil
- black pepper
- 2 red capsicums, sliced
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- goat cheese (chèvre) or cashew cheese
- 1/2 cup Something to Crow About Garlic Roasted Seeds
- bunch of watercress
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Preheat oven up to 200C (400F).
- Combine vegetables in the big bowl, drizzle with oil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat. Roast vegetables, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes, or until nice and soft.
- Marinara sauce. Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant, but don’t let it turn brown. Add the tomato passata and cook for about 3 minutes. Stir in balsamic vinegar, dried basil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cover, and simmer on the lowest heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove garlic slices from the sauce.
- For crust. Put cauliflower florets into a steamer or colander set over a pan of boiling water. Cover with a lid and steam for 10 mins or until soft.
- Preheat oven up to 230C (450F). Heat the pizza stone if you use it.
- Turn the cauliflower into rice (crumbs) using a food processor. Tip cauliflower onto a clean tea towel and leave to cool a little. Once cool enough to handle, scrunch up the tea towel and squeeze as much liquid as you can out of the cauliflower, then transfer to a clean bowl.
- Mix well in the bowl remaining ingredients for the crust. Place cauliflower “dough” on the lined with a parchment paper baking sheet and shape into pizza crust. If you use a pizza stone, carefully transfer baking paper with crust onto the preheated stone. Place in oven for 17 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the pizza base, then arrange the roasted vegetables on top. Return to the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Before serving top pizza with soft cheese slices, scatter with delicious garlic seeds and garnish with fresh watercress.