Let`s celebrate the summer. Enjoy the sweet cherries while they are still here!
I visited Cromwell during the Christmas holidays, this is a cherry capital of New Zealand. Freshly picked cherries are absolutely delicious. They are juicy and very sweet. I really enjoyed, such a wonderful experience.
Try this amazing combination of chocolate, cherry, and rum. These bliss balls melt in your mouth good. Their texture very similar to a truffle.
You would never guess these sweet treats are healthy and guilt-free. Medjool dates are a healthier alternative to sugar or artificial sweeteners. They are beneficial for your heart and digestion.
6 Bliss balls
- 100 g Medjool dates, pitted, diced
- 120g almond meal
- 4 Tbs organic cocoa Dutch powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 6 sweet cherries, pitted
http://safeglassbottle.com/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1544640678.5699160099029541015625 For chocolate coating:
- 70 g dark chocolate chips or chunks (try chocolate chips with stevia)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- In the mixing bowl mix almond meal and cocoa. Add vanilla paste and rum extract and mix again. Combine almond mix with dates in high-speed blender or food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb.
- Using wet hands, gently wrap about 2 tablespoons of bliss ball mixture around each sweet cherry. Set aside in the freezer.
- Melt chocolate chips using a double boiler. Add coconut oil and mix well with a whisk. Remove from the heat. Wait a few minutes until chocolate begins to thicken. Take your bliss balls and dip into the melted chocolate. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to set. Serve chilled.