Christmas is the best time of the year when we celebrate love, family, send greeting cards and gifts to each other. Indulge your family and wow your friends with these easy but absolutely delicious Matcha Bounty Balls (Bounty bonbon).
Bounty balls have been one of my favorite recipes for many years. I remember that wonderful time when I have been the supplier of my homemade bounties to a Japanese cafe, that was when I lived in Bali. It’s time to share this cool recipe with you!
This time my recipe got some vegan update, I substitute classic condensed milk for coconut condensed milk (check your nearest organic shop). Coconut milk and matcha is one of my favorite combination.
Some people find they don’t like the taste the first few times they try matcha – and make no mistake, Matcha tastes different. There are many variations of Matcha ranging in taste from bitter to savory or sweet. Not all Matcha is the same and as with fine wine, experimentation may yield a Matcha that meets a person’s taste profile.
For this recipe I used Premium Latte Grade from MatchaMatcha brand (New Zealand);100% pure organic matcha, sourced from the rolling hills of Uji, Japan, the birthplace of Japanese tea.
MatchaMatcha Premium Latte Grade has beautiful green color and delicate, smooth taste with no bitter aftertaste. What makes this product perfect for cakes and sweets.
Matcha doesn’t like high temperatures. 80C (180F) is recommended the temperature of water (milk) for matcha. At a lower temperature, the umami flavor is more pronounced since less catechin and caffeine are extracted, as well as less bitterness and astringency.
Matcha is a special variety of green tea, stoneground into a fine powder. All the nutritional properties of the tea leaves are ingested, not letting any of the goodness go to waste. Matcha tea leaves are shade grown before harvest, significantly increasing the chlorophyll and amino acid content well above that of standard green teas. http://newemangelization.com/uncategorized/discussion-with-dr-kevin-ryan-men-of-st-joseph/
http://steps2stardom.com.au/?p=15338 How do I enjoy the matcha?
Matcha is versatile! A little (1/2-1tsp or 1gram) goes a long way. Indulge in get link CEREMONIAL GRADE whisked with water until frothy. Enjoy LATTE GRADE blended with almond, coconut or soy milk for a satisfying creamy matcha latte.
Or get creative with CULINARY GRADE – perfect for smoothies, iced matchas, chia puddings, or add a brilliant green and nutrient dose to your raw or baked treats.
Do not miss your chance to get a STARTER SET. Everything you need to make the perfect matcha tea or latte. This set includes Premium Latte Grade Matcha, Traditional Bamboo Whisk, and Bamboo Scoop. The perfect Christmas gift for your foodie or health conscious friend or family member.
Tip: Keep matcha in airtight and light-tight container in the freezer. It’s really important to store it properly: it’s absolutely key to fostering the tea’s taste, color, umami content and health properties.
9 Bounty balls
- 2 cups desiccated coconut (I use 1 cup fine coconut and 1 cup flake grade)
- 1/2 cup coconut condensed milk (coconut milk, cane sugar, salt)
- 1 teaspoon Latte grade or Culinary Grade matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
For chocolate coating:
- 100 g dark chocolate chips or chunks (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Pour coconut condensed milk in a small saucepan. Heat it properly and carefully. Do not allow the condensed milk to reach its boiling point. 80 degrees is recommended temperature. Add vanilla paste and matcha powder. Mix well using a whisk till matcha powder dissolved.
- In the mixing bowl combine desiccated coconut with coconut matcha mix. Mix well using your fingers.
- Roll the balls using the palms of your hands. Keep your hands wet, it helps to prevent sticking. Chill the balls in the fridge.
- Melt chocolate chips using a double boiler. Add coconut oil and mix well with a whisk. Remove from the heat. Wait a few minutes until chocolate begins to thicken. Take your bounty balls and dip into the melted chocolate. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to set. Serve chilled. Keep refrigerated up to 7 days.
Get 20% off on all MatchaMatcha products (excluding Taus Ceramics) using code “crazycucumber”. Merry Xmas❤️🎄