go to link Bruschetta is an Italian appetizer which generally begins with toasty artisan bread, olive oil and garlic. A hearty and satisfying recipe!
I chose the homemade rye sourdough bread here. Eggplant and rye bread – the perfect combination.
- 4 piece rye sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 small size eggplants or 8 baby eggplants
- 1 bulb of garlic (I used smoked garlic)
- 1 Tbs Extra Virgin olive oil
- 0,5 tsp good quality Modena Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp White wine vinegar
- Few sprigs of fresh basil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Preheat oven 200C.
Prick each eggplant with a sharp knife several times and place on a baking tray with the garlic. Bake on the oven 3o min or till soft. When the eggplants are ready to skin is easily removed.
When still warm, remove the eggplant peel. Peel the garlic. Transfer garlic and eggplant to mixing bowl and mash it with fork. Add seasoning, olive oil, vinegar and chopped basil leaves (Leave a few leaves for decoration). Mix well.
Divide eggplant mixture among bread slices, top with basil leaves.