A delicious savory vegetarian rice porridge made from best quality Japanese short grain brown rice. This savory porridge is an easy-to-make meal and full of the right kind of spices to keep you warm on a cold or rainy day. This is a kind of rice porridge similar to a Chinese congee but its consistency closer to risotto than a normal porridge.
Spend some extra time to make Seroendeng, incredibly delicious peanut condiment for rice.
Start replacing your white rice diet with the healthier and tastier order modafinil uk brown rice. The unpolished and unrefined form of white rice is known as brown rice. This variety is obtained by removing just the outer hull of the kernel of rice and retains the layer of nutrient-filled bran. Brown rice is an excellent source of protein and has a rich amount of fiber too. You can find more information about brown rice benefits and Enzyme rice on Wholesum Japan web page.
Most people are accustomed to eating tough-skinned brown rice with a chewy texture and often soak it for up to 24 hours before cooking. If rice is a standby in your weekly meal plan, you may want to think about investing in a dedicated rice cooker. This trusty appliance helps you sidestep the difficulty of preparing rice the old fashioned way—all you have to do is portion out the rice, add a little water and let the rice cooker handle the rest. When preparing brown rice, however, it’s especially important that the ratio of rice to water be exact. The key is to use a slightly higher amount of moisture in order to ensure that the rice comes out fluffy, tender and delectable. For those of you who are already familiar with the benefits of having a rice cooker, take my personal advice and go high end such as CUCKOO.
watch For porridge:
- 3/4 cup Wholesum Japan brown rice
- 700 ml filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
http://taxi-24.eu/index.php?view=article Vegetable soup (curry):
- 1 thumb-sized chunk of ginger, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 stalks of lemongrass (white part only), chopped
- 1/2 fresh red chili pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen green peas (thawed)
- 2 cups baby spinach, washed and rinsed
For crispy rice topping (Seroendeng):
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbsp fried shallots flakes*
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 soft-boiled eggs, peeled
- sliced green chili
- pea shoots and micro-greens
- Cook the rice using Cuckoo rice cooker. Wash brown rice in a bowl a few times. Put washed rice into the inner pot of the rice cooker. Add the filtered water and salt, and stir a few times. Push Menu and select “Porridge“. Press Pressure Cook. After the rice is cooked, stir it.
- For curry paste. Place chopped ginger, shallots, garlic, chili, and lemongrass in a food processor, chopper, or blender. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (canola, grapeseed or coconut). Process well to form a fragrant paste, scraping down the sides once or twice. You can also use a mortar and pestle.
- Heat a medium-size saucepan, add curry paste. Cook slowly on a low heat until fragrant. Add turmeric powder and kaffir lime leaves. Mix well and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Season with salt. Add green peas and spinach, cook for about 2 minutes until peas are soft and spinach is wilted.
- For crispy rice topping. Mix all ingredients in a skillet, spread the mix evenly and heat over medium heat, shaking often. Keep stirring or shaking for about 5 minutes, or until nuts and coconut are fragrant and slightly browned.
- Divide the rice porridge between bowls. Top with vegetable curry and half of the soft-boiled egg. Sprinkle with the crispy peanut condiment.
*Crispy Fried Shallots. Finely sliced, deep-fried shallots are used as a condiment in Asian cuisine. You can find it in an Asian supermarket.