can i buy Pregabalin in spain Super moist and fluffy plum cake with a crunchy almond top. It’s fast, easy, dairy-free, and most importantly – delicious!
This Italian cake recipe is yummy and has been a favorite in our family for years. My secret ingredient in this version of plum cake is almond extract. A good splash of almond extract gives this sweet taste of much loved Italian liquor Amaretto.
Coconut yogurt is a great substitute of dairy products in baking. Usually I use it instead of cream. Coconut yoghurt will add moisture and a slight tang to the cake. Choose yoghurt with thick and creamy consistency.
Black Doris plums are the best here. They are most suited for cooking because the meaty flesh and rich flavor retain their character when baked or stewed. But unfortunately, the season for them is very short. So choose any type of plums suitable for baking.
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup, unbleached flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons, baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon, salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt
- juice and zest of 1 medium-size orange
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic almond extract
- 9 Black Doris plums, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp brown sugar for topping
- Pre-heat the oven to 180С (350F). Coat the bottom and side of a 20cm springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place circle from a baking paper on the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, almond meal, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl combine the oil, egg, coconut yoghurt, zest and orange juice, sugar and almond extract, mix together using a wooden spoon.
- Add the wet to the dry whisking until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, arrange plums on top of batter. Sprinkle with sugar and almond slices.
- Bake for around 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let it cool for at least 20 minutes before you remove the ring and cut into it.