If you have seen my previous post, you know I am obsessed with lemons this season.
These lemon and poppy seed doughnuts are so rich and moist you will want to make many batches. They are lighter than regular donuts, baked not fried, and so easy to make. They are made with coconut yoghurt are perfect for any coconut lover. If you’re vegan or lactose intolerant, coconut yogurt can be incredibly useful for baking!
If you’re avoiding gluten too, there’s no need to miss out on great food, just try to use gluten-free flour mix. Gluten-free flour mixes are all over the shops nowadays, so really it’s no problem finding the perfect mix for your doughnut.
Organic lemons are one the best things that nature offers to us. These are fresh, juicy and great for baking. Lucky me, I got a bag of new season lemons from my friend’s garden, they are very fresh and unwaxed. By the way, not all purchased unwaxed lemons are organic, but all organic ones are unwaxed.
Lemon and turmeric are excellent winter superfoods which help to protect you from colds and flu.
follow site For Doughnuts
- 70g all-purpose gluten-free mix flour (check your nearest organic shop)
- 30g almond meal
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 30g sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 Tbsp runny coconut yoghurt
source For Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven up to 180С.
- Sift all dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine eggs, sugar, coconut yoghurt and lemon juice in a separate bowl and mix well using a whisk. Gradually mix wet and dry ingredients. Add lemon zest and mix well. Do not overdo as it may not rise fluffy when baked.
- Coat 6-cavity donut pan with cooking spray. Spoon batter evenly into 6 cavities. Bake at 180С for 12 -15 minutes or until donuts spring back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan for 2 minutes. Run a thin knife around outside edge of each cavity, invert donuts onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
- To make the icing, mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice together until combined. Once the donuts are cooled, dip them into the icing. Let sit for 30 minutes for the icing to set.