Panna Cotta a molded chilled dessert popular throughout Italy, is easy to make and can be prepared in advance. It looks and tastes wonderful with ripe fruits such as mango, passion fruit, raspberries, strawberries, or sweet cherries. And even with chocolate, caramel and coffee sauce, topped with coconut whipped cream.
Today I’ll show you in my video how to make Vegan Coconut Panna Cotta with Tropical fruit sauce. Coconut Panna Cotta – quick and easy dessert that is perfect for parties. Fresh and delicious!
I learned about the agar when I lived in Asia. You will never meet the gelatin in the Indonesian traditional cuisine, only agar. Properties agar significantly different from gelatin. But if you know the rules of use, you will get a great result.
enter Few facts about Agar Agar:
- Agar Agar – vegetable substitute for gelatin powder obtained from algae,
- It is of three kinds – in flakes, powder and bars,
- Great for making soufflé, jelly, tarts, sauces and soups (as thickener),
- Low calories, working perfect for the diets and cleanses the body,
- Does not melt at room temperature, but at temperatures above 35C,
- It solidifies at room temperature,
- For jelly is used in the ratio 1tsp in a glass of liquid (250ml) for powder and 1.5 tbs for flakes Agar,
- Only dissolves in boiling liquid.
http://lstyle.sk/nase-sluzby/telove-a-anticelulitidove-osetrenia/lpg-cellu-m6-keymodul/ Coconut Panna Cotta with Mango and Passion fruit Sauce
- 200 ml of Coconut cream, room temperature
- 100 ml of Water
- 2 Tbs of Light Agave Syrup (or Light Coconut nectar)
- 1,5 Tbs of Agar Agar Flakes (or 1,5 tsp Agar powder)
- 0,5 tsp of Vanilla Essense (or whole Vanilla pod)
For Tropical Sauce:
- 1 Sweet Mango
- 1 big size Passion Fruit
+ Mint leaves and Edible flowers for decore
In a saucepan pour water, add syrup and agar-agar, put a vanilla pod (if you are using a vanilla pod). Bring to a boil, gently simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the vanilla. Use a sharp knife to open it and remove all the contents that is small black, oily seeds. And then add them to the syrup. And finally add coconut cream. If you are using vanilla essence, add it at this stage. Mix well using whisker.
Let the mixture to cool for 5 minutes. Pour in the forms and send in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, to peel the mango, remove the stone. Blend the pulp in a blender along with the passion fruit pulp. You can also add a pressed using sieves passion fruit juice instead the pulp.
If the sauce is not sweet enough, add the sweetener. Wipe the puree through a sieve for a smoother texture.
Remove Panna Cotta from the refrigerator, top with sauce and garnish with mint and flowers. This is my favorite stage of the preparation, as you can see in the video)
If you send a dessert for half an hour in the refrigerator again sauce will become jelly. Mango contains a large amount of pectin – a natural gelling agent.