This easy delicious salad really celebrates the chickpea, which is an excellent source of fiber, protein and iron, and perfect for keeping us going on busy days.
In this book you can find some tricks, that can help to turn a simple vegetable salad into delicious nutritious lunch or even dinner. Salads are girl`s best friends!
buy prednisone for dogs The book is free for all my Subscribers. You can get it from here:
Ingredientsfor go site Moroccan Style Chickpea and Eggplant Salad
- 1 Can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained. Or 100g dried chickpea soaked then cooked.
- 2 Medium size eggplants, cubed
- Small bunch of parsley leaves, chopped
- Small bunch of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds, crushed in mortar
- 1 Tsp Sweet paprika powder
- 2 Tsp White Wine Vinegar
- Juice of half lemon
- 2 Tbs of Olive oil + some for frying
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Eggplant is a very good absorbent and absorbs a lot of oil during frying. Usually, the dish turns out too oily. Here I use a trick that helps to make this dish low in oil. Heat a large frying pan over high heat and cook the eggplant without oil stirring occasionally. Cook till the eggplant will be golden brown and the pores are closed. Turn down the heat on medium low. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, mix well and cook 3 minutes more. Close the pan with a lid and continue to cook for another 5 minutes until vegetables are soft. Set aside and cool slightly.
- Put all ingredients into a large salad bowl. Season the salad with salt and pepper, mix well.
- This salad will be more delicious after several hours in the refrigerator.
Tip: How to reduce the bitterness of eggplants. Usually, It happens with unripe eggplant. Slice the eggplant, then sprinkle salt (coarse salt is best because less is absorbed) onto one side. Leave it for 30 minutes, to allow the solanine (a chemical found in the flesh) to leach out, and brush off with a damp cloth.