Happy Valentine`s day, guys!
Impress your loved ones with these beautiful and delicious doughnut sushi. Decorate your sushi with most freshness and yummiest sushi toppings. Rich salmon, fatty sashimi tuna, crunchy tobiko, fresh cucumber, creamy avocado and nutty sesame seeds. The pink adds a fun twist to your meal thanks to the secret ingredient, beet juice.
Eat them with chopsticks or just wrap using a nori sheet. Best served with a glass of chilled sparkling sake.
Make sure that you use http://thesightseer.org/book/the-best-of-me/ sashimi grade fish, the label sushi grade means that it is the highest quality fish the store is offering, and the one they feel confident can be eaten raw. Feel free to ask your monger about it. I prefer to buy sashimi grade tuna in Japanese/Korean shops, you will never disappointed with the quality.
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1 1/4 cup water
source url Coloring:
- 2 small cooked beetroots
- 1/3 cup water
buy provigil in thailand Rice seasoning:
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp fine Himalayan salt
- sashimi grade salmon or tuna, cut into strips
- cucumber or avocado, thinly sliced using a mandoline slicer
- watermelon radish or Chioggia beetroot, thinly sliced using a mandoline slicer
- Tobiko (flying fish roe)
- 3 nori sheets, cut into 6 rectangles
- black and white roasted sesame seeds
- Japanese soy sauce
- pickled ginger
+ Non-Stick 6 Cup Doughnut Pan
- Wash 1 cup of rice well, drain and put into a pot. Add 1 1/4 cup of water and soak the rice for about 30 minutes. Bring to boil over high heat. Once it boils, cover the pot and reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes or until all water absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand covered for about 15 minutes.
- Mix two small peeled and cubed beetroot with 1/3 cup of warm water in the high-speed blender, then strain using a fine sieve. Mix 1/3 cup of beetroot liquid with vinegar, salt, and sugar until sugar dissolved.
- Put hot rice in a non-metallic bowl, add beetroot mix. Stir with a gentle chopping motion using a non-metallic spoon (Japanese rice spoon). Allow rice to cool before making sushi.
- Grease the doughnuts pan with neutral vegetable oil (I use grapeseed oil). Divide the pink rice between the 6 molds and press it tightly. Cover every sushi doughnut with folded nori sheet. Place chopping board at the top of the pan. Turn upside down and remove the rice out of the donut molds.
- Decorate the sushi with fish, vegetables, and fish roe. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with wasabi, pickled ginger and soy sauce. Enjoy!