Another one chocolate cake recipe from my collection. This chocolate cake is made with oil and not butter so it is super moist and rich.
Deep, dark, chocolate cake infused with cocoa and cherry liqueur, covered with sensational buy Pregabalin online usa avocado chocolate frosting. You will be surprised how delicious avocado paired with chocolate in desserts. The avocado frosting is silky smooth, and the cake is light and loaded.
go Spelt flour has a mild, slightly sweet and nutty flavor, similar to that of whole wheat flour but with none of the bitterness. It is a light grain, so it doesn’t weigh down baked goods the way whole wheat flour can. Spelt offers a higher fat and protein content than traditional flour. This protein contains all of the nine essential amino acids needed by the human body, it makes the spelt flour products nutritionally beneficial.
- 200g Spelt flour ( or 1 cup + 3/4 cup)
- 2 eggs (size 7), whisked
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
- 50 g (1/2 cup) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tsp fine Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 150g coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup cherry liqueur
buy Lyrica in uk For avocado icing:
- 2 medium-size ripe avocados
- 4 Tbsp good quality cacao powder (I use raw cacao powder)
- 3-4 Tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cacao butter (melted)
- pinch of Himalayan fine salt
+ Fresh sweet cherries (or cherries in syrup) to garnish
+ 2 x 20 cm cake pans (sandwich tins)
- For Avocado icing. Put all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and secure the lid. Select low speed. Turn the machine on and slowly increase the speed to high. Blend 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Blend until it’s really smooth.
- For the cake. Preheat the oven up to 180C.
- Grease two cake pans (20cm), I use cooking spray. Sprinkle with flour. Cut two circles of baking paper and place one of them on the bottom of each pan.
- Sift together spelt flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir together to create a uniform mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together grapeseed oil, almond extract and cherry liqueur. Add a boiling water. Add the boiling water mixture to the dry ingredients, a little at a time, and mix until smooth. Add whisked eggs and mix well. The cake mixture will now be very liquid.
- Divide the cake batter between the cake pans. Lift the pan about 10cm from the counter. Drop the pan onto the counter three or four times. This will force the air in the batter to bubble to the surface while also serving to level your batter. Bake in the oven for 25–35 minutes, or until the top is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool completely, still in their tins, before icing. Spread a little avocado chocolate icing over the top of one of the chocolate cakes, then carefully top with the other cake. Transfer the cake to a serving plate and spread frosting on top using a palette knife. Garnish with cherries.
- Grab a fork and dig in!