http://fairtrademusicinternational.org/about-fair-trade-music-international/ Grabbed a bunch of rhubarb in a vege shop. It’s winter in New Zealand now. This is a great time for a juicy delicious rhubarb. But unfortunately, not the season for strawberries, and spring is so far away. Thanks to the local farmers who took care about us and froze the strawberries. Now I can enjoy my favorite combination even during the winter.
Enjoy this seriously delicious parfait, consisting of layers strawberry-rhubarb compote, luscious coconut yoghurt, and crunchy granola. Serve it warm during the cool time of the year.
- 4 cups diced strawberries (or frozen strawberries)
- 4 cups peeled and diced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup Light syrup ( I used rice syrup) or sugar
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 cup puffed grain (rice, quinoa, buckwheat) granola
- dehydrated fruits and berries to garnish
- Place rhubarb, strawberries and syrup (sugar) in the frying pan and mix so that the sugar is dissolving evenly. Halve the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape out the seeds, then add both pod and seeds to the dish.
- Close the lid and gently simmer until rhubarb is soft (around 5 minutes). Open the lid and reduce the amount of liquid on high heat until it turns slightly thick and syrupy. Discard the vanilla pod. Cool the compote.
- Spoon a strawberry rhubarb compote into glass jars or serving glasses. Add layers of coconut yoghurt and granola. Garnish with dehydrated fruits and berries. Enjoy!