Hello, summer and fresh strawberry! The long awaited berry season has finally begun. Treat yourself with strawberry rhubarb cheesecake: crunchy coconut base, delicious vanilla filling, refreshing strawberry rhubarb jelly. Best enjoyed with family or friends.
Ingredientsbuy accutane in malaysia For cheesecake base
- 4 Medjool dates pitted (about 65g)
- 1/3 Cup almond meal
- 1/4 Cup desiccated coconut
+ 12 cm Springform pan, Cling wrap, Food Processor or High-Speed Blender
If you’d like to use a bigger cake tin just multiply all ingredients. For example, If you use a 20cm springform, this is three times bigger then simply use three part of ingredient instead of one.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blitz until sticky dough. I did not add coconut oil. Desiccated coconut contains enough oil.
- Line a springform with plastic wrap. Press mixture evenly and firmly into the base cake. Place the cheesecake base into the fridge while you make the filling.
Ingredientshttp://flyingsquidstudios.com/administrator/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/upload/test.html For vanilla filling
- 2/3 Cup raw cashew nuts, soaked for minimum 2 hours
- 1Cup Frozen shredded coconut (100g), thawed
- 1/2 Cup of coconut milk (Trade Aid is my favorite brand)
- 20ml Coconut oil, melted
- 2-3 Tbsp Light syrup (Rice, agave or coconut)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Small pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
+ High-speed Blender
Fresh coconut shreds are juicy and sweet. I’m addicted to it when I lived in Asia. The snow-white coconut flesh is important part of Asian cuisine. Each Asian housewife knows how to make homemade fresh coconut milk. And even more. Coconut flesh is used for desserts and cakes, sauces, curries and as toasted spicy topping for rice. I really missed fresh coconut flesh here in New Zealand. I tried to use desiccated coconut instead. But this is not the same thing. I was very happy to find a frozen shredded coconut in the supermarket section of Indian frozen vegetables. Just look at this the snow-white flesh. I like how it work in this vegan cheesecake and gives amazing taste, texture, and color.
- Drain the soaked cashews and rinse thoroughly.
- Place all ingredients except the coconut oil in a high-speed blender. Turn the blender on. Slowly increase the speed of the blender to high. Process until very smooth (silky cream texture). If the mix is too dry add a few tablespoons of coconut milk. Add coconut oil. Mix well until completely combined into the mixture.
- Pour mixture onto the prepared base. Put cake in the freezer for 3 hours for 12cm cake tin. And up to 6 hours for 20 cm cake tin.
- Coconut oil works here as a thickener. The cake should be frozen only once. Then, coconut oil will hold it. Just keep the cheesecake chilled in the refrigerator.
Ingredientshttp://westwicklowfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/wicklow-festival-programme-2017.pdf For Strawberry Rhubarb Jelly
- 5 Big size strawberries, sliced
- 2 Rhubarb stalks, cut into 6cm lengths
- 3 Tbsp Light syrup ( I used rice syrup)
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp Agar Agar powder. What is agar agar and how it use you can find HERE
- 2/3 Cup of water
+ 1 Stalk of poached rhubarb for garnish
- Place rhubarb, strawberries, water and sugar in the saucepan. Close the lid and simmer until rhubarb is soft (around 5 minutes).
- Strain the syrup using a sieve. Measure about 1 cup of the hot poaching liquid and bring to boil. Add vanilla extract and agar agar powder. Simmer 2 minutes stirring occasionally till agar agar dissolves.
- Let jelly cool for a few minutes. Pour onto the surface of the chilled cheesecake. Leave to set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before using.
- Remove from tin. Cling wrap makes this process easier. Garnish with poached rhubarb.
- Serve chilled. Keep refrigerated up to 4 days.
For this recipe, I use measure cup 235 ml, Tbsp 15ml, Tsp 5ml.