Hello, summer and berry pies!
buying viagra in phuket For a cool and refreshing summer treat, try this healthy vegan galette recipe. As delicious and impressive as pie, but half the work. This strawberry and sorrel galette is the easiest summer dessert. I added zingy sorrel in my recipe instead of a rhubarb. It works really nice, I like this deep fruit flavour with lemony notes.
buy finasteride online uk Sorrel is a bright leafy herb with a distinctively tart, almost lemony flavor. Widely used in French cuisine. Sorrel is fruity like rhubarb.
It’s very easy to grow sorrel in your garden. Snails and slugs avoid this greens, they don’t like the sour taste. Just look at this crop. After few weeks it grew up again.
You can also prepare the dough for galette in advance and store it in the fridge up to three days.
Unfortunately, sorrel leaves are more tender than spinach and to preserve the bright green color is no simple task. Sorrel keep green color only if cooked in butter or cream.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 Tbsp cold coconut yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted, but not hot)
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 1 punnet strawberry, sliced
- Big bunch of sorrel
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla paste
- 3 Tbsp raw coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar for dusting
- Olive oil for brush
- Sift the flour with a pinch of salt. Add yoghurt and mix using your hands until no dry flour remains and the dough just begins to collect in clumps. Add coconut oil and cold water. Continue to mix until the dough starts to come together in a coarse ball. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before rolling and baking.
- Preheat the oven up to 180C (350F).
- Put the sorrel leaves in the pan with a half of cup of boiling water, and allow them to boil for about 10 seconds. Chill it slightly, then strain the sorrel well and just squeeze the leaves to remove as much of the water as you can. Unfortunately, sorrel leaves are more tender than spinach and to preserve the bright green color is no simple task. Sorrel keep green color only if cooked in butter or cream.
- Roll a ball of galette dough onto a floured surface into the round. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread sorrel puree in the center of the dough leaving about 3 cm from edges. Toss strawberry slices with sugar and the cornstarch, and place over sorrel. Fold edge of dough over berries. Chill the shaped galette in the fridge for about half an hour. Brush galette crust with olive oil and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with chilled coconut yoghurt. Enjoy!