Everybody freak out—it’s sweet corn season. Enjoy its glorious sweetness and crisp, juicy texture for as long as the season lasts. It`s time to enjoy creamy corn soup, fresh corn polenta, grilled corn in cob, and more.
You will love this delicious corn salad. This is a great lunch/dinner recipe that the whole family will enjoy! Sweet juicy corn kernels, tangy garlic dressing, crunchy broccoli and fragrant, citrusy coriander leaves. Delicious!
I added some edible flowers to the salad. Growing edible flowers is my hobby. Borage flowers have a refreshing cucumber-like flavor and delicate aroma. The flavour of the flowers is similarly ‘cool’ and makes them an ideal addition to summer salads. Celery flowers have a taste like celery but a bit stronger. Beautiful to look at and delicious to eat, edible flowers will add a delicate touch to your salad.
- 2 ears corn on the cob, husks, and silk removed
- 1 medium size broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
For garlic yoghurt dressing:
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt (unsweetened)
- 1 garlic clove, garlic-pressed or hand-minced with a knife
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
+ edible flowers to garnish (borage, celery flowers)
- Fill the bottom of the steamer with water (about 5cm). While steam is building up, remove husks from corn. When water has come to a boil, add corn, cover with a tight-fitting lid and steam for 5 minutes. Chill the corn.
- Cut corn kernels off the cob. Cutting corn kernels off the cob can be challenging. Corn can fly all over your kitchen and you can spend more time cleaning up than preparing the dish. One way to make this process easier is to first lay it down and cut the corn off horizontally instead of vertically. Give it a try!
- Put the broccoli florets into a steamer set over a pan of boiling water. Cover with a lid and steam for 3-5 mins or until crisp-tender. Don`t allow to overdo the vegetables. It`s very important to keep green color and vitamins. Immediately plunge broccoli florets into ice water. Strain, remove ice cubes and spread on paper towels to dry out. Once dry, chop into small pieces.
- For garlic yoghurt dressing. Combine all ingredients in the bowl and mix well using a whisk. If the mixture is too thick, slowly add more lemon juice or olive oil until it reaches the preferred consistency.
- Put all ingredients into a large salad bowl, drizzle the yoghurt dressing and toss gently together. Transfer to serving bowls. Garnish with edible flowers or coriander leaves.
- Serve with avocado toast on pumpernickel bread (German fermented rye bread).
Tip: Try to add chargrilled corn to the salad. You will be pleasantly surprised when you taste this wonderful combination for the first time!