This healthy corn soup is so easy to make at home using the great summer corn. It has incredibly rich taste without using any butter or cream. Lovely served with bunch of corn chips and guacamole.
- 4 Cobs of sweet corn (or 4 cups frozen corn)
- 2 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tsp turmeric powder
- 4 Tbsp coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Cup of vegetable stock
- 1/2 Cup of chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Himalayan salt
- Black pepper
- Cut corn kernels off the cob.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan, then gently cook garlic and onion until translucent. Add corn kernels, vegetable stock and turmeric powder to the pan, then season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for about 10-15 mins until the corn is very soft.
- Pour the soup into the blender. Set aside two table spoons of corn kernels for garnish. Add coconut cream and process until smooth.
- When ready to serve, divide the soup into bowls and garnish with corn kernels and fresh coriander leaves.
Tip: Cutting corn kernels off the cob can be challenging. Corn can fly all over your kitchen and you can spend more time cleaning up than preparing the dish. One way to make this process easier is to first lay it down and cut the corn off horizontally instead of vertically. Give it a try!