What’s for dinner? I’ve prepared the Bibimbap for dinner tonight.
Bibimbap is a fabulous Korean dish. The word literally means ” mixed rice”. So I mixed all these delicious vegetables right after video shooting and eaten immediately when rice (on the bottom of the bowl) was still warm.
What ingredients I have used. I’ve added tofu mince instead of meat, marinated first then pan fried. Also, I have added steamed green beans and spinach, pan-fried shiitake mushrooms and carrot, sunny egg (working as a sauce here), red cabbage and Alfalfa sprouts.
Bibimbap is the best served with kimchi, sesame seeds, nori seaweed and sauce, made from Gochujang chili paste. I’ve added my fav Sum Yum kimchi from Living Goodness.
Bibimbap is an absolutely amazing dish, healthy and delicious!
go to link Gochujang chili paste. Korean hot pepper paste or red chili paste (“gochujang”) is one of the essential seasoning ingredients in Korean cooking. For authentic Korean cooking, other hot sauces cannot replace the unique taste and texture of gochujang.
Gochujang is made through a fermentation process. Its primary ingredients are red chili pepper flakes, rice powder, sweet rice powder, powdered fermented soybeans and salt.
source url Living Goodness Sum Yum source url Kimchi. The Korean Kraut. It’s a concoction of vibrant fermented foods – Chinese cabbage, pak choy and spring onions grown right here in New Zealand are mixed up for maximum deliciousness. This health-packed kraut uses a Korean recipe so secret it has been whispered down from generation to generation… that is until a Kiwi stole it and started making it in Titirangi!
With millions of fermented bacteria, it’ll make your tummy will tingle and your taste buds buzz.
- 1 Cup of short grain rice (Sushi rice or Nishiki rice)
- 2 Medium size carrots, cut into strips
- 2 Cups of sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- Bunch of green beans, ends removed
- Bunch of fresh spinach, washed and drained, stems removed
- Handful of sprouts (Mung beans sprouts, Snow pea sprouts or Alfalfa sprouts)
- 1 Cup of finely sliced red cabbage
- 2 Free range eggs
- 1 Cup of Living Goodness Sum Yum Kimchi
- 1 Tbsp Nori seaweed and Sesame seeds Seasoning
- Frying oil
For marinated tofu:
- 300g (10 oz) Firm tofu
- 2,5 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Mirin (cooking wine)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Grated garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
cheap diltiazem dosage For Bibimbap Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp Gochujang chili paste
- 1 teaspoon Rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 Cup of drinking water
- Pinch of salt
So, now you have a list of the ingredients for Bibimbap, do not be shy to go to a nearby Korean supermarket. If you live in Auckland (NZ) I recommend you to visit Wang Mart first, this is my favorite.
- Cook the rice according to instructions on the pack.
- Using the coarse holes of a box grater, shred the tofu. Spread tofu out on a clean kitchen towel or in the sieve to drain while you prepare vegetables.
- Marinade tofu with seasonings for 10 minutes. Then heat the pan with 1 tsp oil and cook the tofu about 10-15 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated and tofu is browned and slightly crisp.
- Wash and drain the green beans. Put 1 cup of boiling water in a medium saucepan. Add the beans and cook until tender but still very crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables and mushrooms, and cook each individually. Place into small dishes separately, and set aside. Heat pan with 1 tsp oil. Add carrots and stir fry until cooked about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt. Set aside. Cook shiitake mushrooms using the same method. Set aside. Add spinach to the pan. Fill the pan with leaves and turn leaves in warm oil until they wilt. Season with salt. Set aside.
- To make sunny side up eggs, heat and grease a cooking pan with two cooking rings. Crack one egg into each ring, taking care not to break the yolk. Cook until the yolk is just set, about 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- To make Bibimbap sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Add a few tablespoons of water if the sauce is too hot. Set aside.
- Place a bed of rice at the bottom of the bowls. Arrange carrots, mushrooms, spinach, tofu, green beans, red cabbage, Alfalfa sprouts, Sum Yum Kimchi and egg (or raw egg yolk) on the top of rice. Garnish with Nori seaweed and toasted sesame seeds seasoning. Drizzle with the sauce. Mix everything together and enjoy!