Warm browned toast covered with scrambled tofu that melting in your mouth, creamy avocado, and tangy Living Goodness Heart Beet Kraut. Delicious and full of protein breakfast rich in vitamins and probiotic.
How to make perfect scrambled eggs without eggs? Just use silken tofu instead of eggs. http://taxi-24.eu/index.php?option=com_content Silken tofu has a very similar texture. You can find this product in the Asian supermarket.
You may ask about the egg taste. And you are absolutely right because tofu almost has no taste. You can find a few tricks in my recipe that can help you to get a nice and full flavor almost egg-like.
1. Add a pinch of enter Indian black salt for egg flavor. This salt, when added to some products, is able to give the taste of a real chicken egg.
Indian black salt, also known as kala namak, is a type of Indian volcanic rock salt commonly using in authentic Indian cooking. It has a very distinctive sulfurous taste, often compared to hard-boiled egg yolks. The “black” salt is actually pinkish-grey due to the presence of iron and other minerals. According to India’s classical medical science, Ayurveda, Kala Namak is full of therapeutic benefits. It is rich in iron and is used as a cure for flatulence and heartburn.
You can find this salt in the nearest Indian shop.
From left: chives, avocado, coconut oil, silken tofu (in the center), tamari sauce, garlic powder, turmeric powder, Indian black salt, nutritional yeast.
2. Add http://lizhingley.com/fan-bing-bing-for-time-2-17/ nutritional yeast for cheesy taste and umami flavor. It works as natural flavor enhancer here. Nutritional Yeast is a deactivated yeast related to brewer’s yeast, which is used as a fermentation agent in beer making. The yeast is grown on a food source then harvested, heated, dried and crumbled. This process deactivates the yeast and creates a wonderfully nutty, tasty and versatile ingredient.
Nutritional yeast is a great source of Vitamin B-12.
3. Add turmeric powder for beautiful yellow color. Turmeric comes from the root of the Curcuma longa plant and has a tough brown skin and a deep orange flesh. Turmeric has long been used as a powerful anti-inflammatory in both the Chinese and Indian systems of medicine.
4. Pinch of buy generic finasteride 5mg garlic powder is optional in this recipe, but It makes the taste more interesting.
5. I also added to my tofu scrambled eggs a little bit of maple syrup because eggs have a hint of sweetness. A few drops of tamari for extra flavor. Tamari is fermented soy sauce that contains less wheat or gluten-free. Fermentation is one way to develop umami in food.
Note: I prefer to drain tofu before cooking, but not for this recipe. Liquid help to dissolve dry ingredients then evaporated, so we get the deep flavor. Be careful with the amount of salt. Do not overdo it.
Delicious Living Goodness Heart Beet Kraut is rich in live probiotics for a good gut feeling. Raw cabbage and beetroot is fermented for a tangy sweetness that will only leave you wanting more. If that doesn’t get your heart racing and your taste buds tingling, what will?!
- 300 g Silken tofu
- 1 tsp Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp Maple syrup
- pinch of Indian black salt Kala namak
- 1 tsp Tamari sauce
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 2 toasts
- 1 Ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 Cup of Heart Beet Kraut from Living Goodness
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- Place silken tofu in the mixing bowl. Sprinkle with Indian black salt, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, turmeric powder. Drizzle with tamari and maple syrup. Mix it well using the fork to create pale yellow crumbles. Turmeric will show his nice yellow color after heating.
- Set the skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil. Cook tofu and stir it occasionally using a silicone spatula till almost all liquid evaporated and tofu got nice rich taste and color.
- Place scrambled tofu on the browned toast. Serve it with avocado and Heart Beet Kraut. Sprinkle with chives and nutritional yeast for extra cheesy taste. Serve warm.