The school year has begun and I started looking for new ideas and recipes for my daughter’s breakfast and lunch box. My goal was to create something healthy and delicious. Latest visit to the nearest Vege shop with beautiful seasonal fruits inspired me for this tropical twist.
Сhia pudding is absolutely delicious and one of the most favorite breakfast in our family. This is good source of omega-3, dietary fiber and high protein content. It’s very simple, all you need to soak seeds in nut milk in the evening and let to rest in the fridge overnight.
- 1 Cup Coconut milk, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1-3 Tbsp Agave syrup or any light syrup
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 2 Big ripe mango, peeled and pitted, or two cups frozen mango cubes (thawed)
- Pulp of 4 passion fruits
- Two Handfuls of lychee, peeled and pitted
- Add to glass or mason jar chia seeds, coconut milk, syrup, few drops of vanilla essence. Mix together, using a small whisk. Let rest covered in the fridge overnight or at least few hours. I like to soak it overnight. And mix with fruits and toppings just before serving.
- Mix well mango in the blender until puree.
- Fill a glass with mango puree layer, then add chia pudding layer and passion fruit layer. Create so many layers as you wish. Garnish pudding with halves of lychee. Dig it and enjoy!
Tip: Use a small plastic jar for kids lunch box.